CMORE - heterogeneous integration
Imec tunes and extends CMOS processes with new processing steps to make novel CMOS micro- and nanodevices, adding functions other than logic and memory to the chips (MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems), NEMS (nano-electromechanical systems), ...)
Possible applications :
- Smart sensors: more
- Smart actuators: more
- Power scavengers: more
- Biochips: more
- Micro-implantable appliances: more
- Solar cells: more
- Imaging systems: more
- GaN-on-Si power devices: more
- Silicon photonics: more
Imec heterogeneous integration solutions range from development-on-demand, to prototyping and low-volume production.
- Profit from available expertise in many research areas
- Outstanding reliability, modeling and characterization expertise
- Advanced packaging expertise
- Flexible 200mm platform
- Process steps that are not available off-the-shelf in a foundry
- Advanced packaging capabilities, such as 3D integration.
- 0.13µm CMOS process
- Versatile SiGe above-IC MEMS process
- Prototyping & low-volume manufacturing
Imec develops dedicated solutions, customized to the partner’s demands, ranging from development-on-demand, to prototyping and low-volume production.
More information here.