Together with world-leading IC manufacturers, fabless and fablite companies, equipment and material suppliers, foundries and integrated device manufacturers (IDMs), imec tackles the roadblocks for continued CMOS scaling into the sub-22nm node.
Imec's research is built around the world's most advanced lithography tools in imec's state-of-the-art 300mm clean room (450mm-ready).
Imec's research encompasses material and transistor architecture studies, tool and process step exploration,integration options and advanced characterization towards process technology platforms applicable in high-volume manufacturing of future logic and memory ICs. All research carried out is inextricably linked with quantitative material and device characterization and reliability analysis.
Imec's research programs:
- Enabling lithography: 193nm immersion litho (incl. double patterning), EUV litho
- New materials in devices: high-k, strained Si
- New device concepts: 3D, FINFET, tunnelFET
- Advanced memory: DRAM, floating gate, resistive RAM
- Advanced interconnect: 3D, Cu/low-k
- Characterization and reliability
- System-level impact of new technologies
Contact: Lode Lauwers, senior business development director
Phone: +32 16 28 86 45